
So - we're doing a new thing here on our family blog. I was talking to Shelly a few days ago and we were saying that we wanted to feel more connected to our family. So, this was my idea to get to know everyone better. Plus, I thought my kids would love to read about their cousins, aunts and uncles. Anyway, our first spotlight is on Spenser. I sure love this little guy. Here's what Shelly has to say about him.
Spenser
The thing people seem to say most about our 8 year-old, Spenser, is that he’s such a fun person! He has a great sense of humor and loves to make people laugh. Of course, he likes a lot of other things, too. Playing soccer, and currently basketball—on his team The Banana Peels, are favorite past-times, as is reading the Percy Jackson series, and building lego ships so incredible that his younger brother can’t resist playing with them (and often breaking them) while Spenser’s at school. Spenser loves being in cub-scouts and is really motivated to work on his badges. He’s also recently begun to take violin lessons, and enjoys playing for us all. (Actually, thanks to Spenser’s playing, Ethan, Aspen and I have tried a few times to play along with him. The best I can say about the sound we produce is – unique!) He LOVES playing on the computer or wii! Finally, another interesting family trait that we recently discovered in Spenser is that he’s color-blind, (Hyrum and Jake can relate, I think), however, he seems to take any teasing we give him about it in stride--usually. He and Ethan are great friends, and Spenser is also a great big brother, too---Aspen and Bryant love to have him read them bedtime stories and we all love his fabulous dinosaur-hugs. We love our Spenser!
That's awesome... that was a really funny video. When I got Ma up here to see it, it was hard to watch I was laughing so hard. Spenser is such a great guy!
ReplyDeleteEdith was completely mesmerized! Awesome skills, Spenser!
ReplyDeleteThis is Alex:
ReplyDeleteNice opera singing Spenser! Have fun in cub scouts.
sincerely,
Alex
That was hilarious!! Way to go Spenser :)
ReplyDeleteSpenser is so funny.
ReplyDelete